Looking For Real Estate in Largo, Florida?
If you’re looking to buy Largo real estate, look no further. Simply contact me and I will help you find the property you desire.
Largo, Florida; the 3rd largest city in the Tampa Bay area, Largo was established in 1905 and has grown to become home for over 77000 residents. the city covers 18.72 square miles of which 640 acres is parkland.
Real Estate Considerations
If you are thinking of buying real estate in Largo, Florida, you may find the following information useful.
Firstly we look at the population demographics: The average age of people living in Largo is just over 47 yrs of age (47.24 yrs). 52.56% of largo residents are female, and 47.44% male. By age group
- 18.17% are 19 or younger
- 11.22% are between 20 and 29
- 10.6% of large residents are 30 – 39 yrs old
- 12.58% are 40 – 49
- 14.76%are 50 – 59
- 7.38% are 60 – 64
- while the remaining 25.59% are 65 and older
The average household income is $41,230.
Largo Wealth Factors for Real Estate Buyers
47% of housing in Largo consists of single family homes, 28% condominiums, while 25% are other forms of housing.
67.82% are owned by home-owners while 32.18% of residents rent their home
The median price of housing is $125,000
For those of you wanting to rent in Largo, these are the average apartment rents:
- Efficiency – $582
- One bedroom – $730
- Two bedroom – $915
- Three bedroom – $1,221
- Four bedroom – $1,462
Rates and fees
- Property tax: 4.9999 mills
- Solid waste collection: $17.65/month
- Sewerage: $24.80/month
- Storm water: $4.45/month
- Reclaimed water service: $10/month
- Utility taxes & franchise fees: 6-10%
- Pinellas County Schools District
- St. Petersburg College
- Fortis College
- Schiller International
- Everest University
- Christian International School of Healthcare Professions
The above Largo statistics are provided by:
- City of Largo
- Applied Geographic Solutions 2013
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Fair market Rent Pinellas County).
Largo Attractions for Residents and Visitors.
There’s no shortage of things to do in and around Largo, Florida. There’s the great Gulf Coast beaches, like those at Clearwater Beach. You have the Largo Central Railroad, a miniature railroad in Central Park the youngsters will love to take rides on. You can view dolphins, sting rays, sharks and pelicans at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium in Clearwater, Florida.
Then there’s the Florida Botanical Gardens and for the more energetic, the famous Pinellas Trail…
If museums are your thing, there’s a choice of several including;
- Museum of Fine Arts Salvador Dali Museum
- Florida Holocaust Museum Museum of Science and Industry
- The Armed Forces Military Museum
More Information About Largo
Real Estate Questions?
Please feel free to contact me about Real Estate in The Clearwater and other Gulf Coast, Florida regions. If you have a question, send it in! For your convenience click this link to our Contact Form
Gavin MaGrath 727-564-2488